Children and Youth Project in Venezuela
Volunteers in Santa Elena have the opportunity to make a difference in the childrens lives. Most of the developmental aid projects are lacking resources and are understaffed. Hence volunteers and donations are always appreciated. In addition to the existing projects you are welcome to create new projects. If you have e.g. musical, sporty, acting or artistic skills you can implement those in the community and at the same time gain important experiences for yourself.
Your tasks may contain teaching English as well as acting and music projects or computer and pottery workshops. In the past there were teams, which renovated and painted playgrounds and youth centers, conducted environment education campaigns or organized cultural events. A one-month Summer Camp for disadvantaged children is planned to be introduced to entire Venezuela. Highly motivated volunteers are therefore desperately needed. For this project your time abroad should not be too short.
Your tasks include:
- assisting with the handicraft lessons for the youth of Santa Elena, with the therapy centre or with the transmission of manual skills
- supporting the local music and art school, the cultural center as well as the community center (handicraft and pottery)
- attending free time, development and therapeutic activities for children with special needs
- organizing special events
- fabling, playing theatre or inventing playing sessions
- creating wooden toys and materials for play therapy programs for disadvantaged children with special needs
- extending and conserving playgrounds and school buildings as well as furniture
Accommodation and Meals:
You can either live in a shared house, in a host family or individually on your own. If you prefer to live in the shared house, you will live on a hill about 3 km away from the city center of Santa Elena. You will find the opportunity for a hike through the rain forest about 50 m away from the house. But also if you don`t want to live in the house, you are always welcome to come around and have a swim in the pool, eat with us or just relax. When choosing your accommodation please keep in mind that hard drinking and smoking inside the house are prohibited.
Staying in a host family is always an adventure. You have your meals together with the family and live 20 minutes walking distance from Santa Elena. It is very likely that friends and relatives come to visit your host family.
Your third opportunity is to live in a hotel or a guesthouse right in the city center. However you won't receive meals here. On the other hand you will get to know local restaurants of the city as well as other travelers and Venezuelans.
What is included in the price?
- pick up from the bus station in Santa Elena
- introduction after arrival
- accommodation (no hotel)
- contact person on the project
- certificate for the successful accomplishment of the voluntary work
- participation in excursions and cultural events
- meals (except for individual accommodation)
- T-Shirt of the organization
- 24 hour emergency service
What is not included?
- international health insurance
- transportation costs inside the country
- personal expenses