To pass an internship in the USA you need a so called J1 visa. But to apply for this visa it is mandatory that you already have an intern job. You can request for this visa at an american embassy. To get your J1 visa you also have to request for the DS-2019 form.
To request for the DS-2019 form you have to search for an agency which is perceived by the US Department of Foreign Affairs. These agencies garentee you that your chosen internship are suitable with your skills and former experiences. Furthermore the agency is supervising that your company comply with the guidlines of the US Department of Foreign Affairs.
Devolution of the visa application
- Find an internship in the USA
- Request the DS-2019 form
- The Embassy of the USA issue your visa
If you appear at the US embassy face to face you can get your visa inside one day. If you want to get your visa by post it could last up to four weeks or more. How fast you receive your visa is dependent of the particular embassy.
If you book your internship with us you just have to allocate the needed documents and pay the dues we will organize the rest for you.
Requirements for the intern
- The intern have to be at least 18 years old
- The intern have to study at a foreign university or have to do the internship within the first twelve months after finidshing the study.
- Your internship have to be save at the application date
- The intern must be able to communicate in english
- At least 1000 $ a month must be available for the intern
- The intern must have a health insurance for abroad
- There should be a preliminary lead time about four weeks before the internship starts
- The internship can have a maximum duration of twelve months
Requirements for the company
- The company have to create a traineeplan for the intern
- The intern have to know the tax number of the company
- The company must have an in-plant insurance
- The compnay must have a ‘Dun and Bradstreet Number‘
Dues for the J1 Visa
- SEVIS-Dues: 180 €
- Service fees for every further month: 20 €
- Eventually dues for the On-Site-Visit: 195 €
- J1-Visa fees: 91,70 €